President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA)
The Mammen Family Public Library is now certified as one of the organizations qualified to track and grant the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA). The PVSA is an award led by AmeriCorps and managed by AmeriCorps and Points of Light. It was created to honor and recognize the volunteers that go above and beyond and give lots of their time. There are yearly awards (tracked by calendar year – Jan. through Dec.) as well as lifetime awards.
If you would like to learn more about the award itself, as well as the volunteer requirements of the award, feel free to check out the PVSA website: https://presidentialserviceawards.gov/.
If you are interested in earning a PVSA through the library, email Allison Reeves at email@example.com for more information. Please be sure to include your full legal name and age.
Apply for a Student Passport card
Student Passport Cards
- Passport cards are valid for one year and can be used to check out (5) five items from the MFP Library.
- They also provide access to all of our electronic resources.
- Student Passport Cards are independent cards that do not accrue late fines, but families are responsible for replacing lost or irreparably damaged items.
- Unreplaced lost/damaged materials may result in non-renewal of the Passport Card for the following year.
- Student Passport Cards do not replace a regular public library card.
Programs for Teens
The library has many programs specifically for teens ages 13 & up but you are also welcome to attend adult programs at the library. See the calendar below for more information.