Get a library card
To receive a borrower’s card, please come to the library with the following:
▪ a photo identification (a Texas Driver’s License, Student ID, military ID, or employer ID
▪ verification of current address such as checkbook, voter’s registration card, a utility bill, or mail with a recent postmark
Non-residents who own property and pay taxes in Texas may receive a card by
showing proof of payment of taxes. There are restrictions. They may checkout books and have access to on-line resources but may not check out equipment, CDs, or DVDs.
Non-residents living in Texas on a temporary basis may obtain a library card for a fee. To receive a non-resident library card, please provide the following information:
● A picture ID with current residential address and
● Rental receipt from an “in district” landlord OR
● A postmarked letter showing current residency
Youth under 18 years of age may receive a borrower’s card. A parent or guardian must have his/her own borrowing card in good standing and give permission for the child to borrow materials. The parent or guardian accepts full responsibility for the minor and any damaged or lost materials and fees.
Who can get a card?
All residents of Texas are eligible and encouraged to receive a Bulverde Area
Rural Library District borrower’s card.
Service shall not be denied or abridged because of religious, racial, physical, social, economic or political status.
Borrowing privileges must be updated annually in order to maintain accurate records. There is no charge for a borrower’s card.